Training recap 8/25-9/14

#running  #training recap 

Whew! It’s been a busy last three weeks! My days have been really long with the new job. I head out the door at 8am and don’t see my house again until about 12 hours later. By the time I get home, I’m completely worn out and beat, but I’ve somehow been managing to squeeze some nighttime runs in. I’ve been running 4-5 days a week still which I’m pretty impressed about considering my schedule.

With the weather cooling down a little, my pace is starting to get a little faster again, but my milage still hasn’t been all that high. Last week, I hit 26 miles, but my longest run was still only eight miles. I need to start working on that like yesterday. I’d like my long runs to be 15-16 miles before the Disney Wine & Dine half marathon in November so I’m in good shape to continue on with training and be ready for Goofy in January.

I’ve been getting to get pretty bummed out about not running a fall marathon. The season is starting to ramp up and everyone has their races coming up. Even though I know killing all marathon plans for this season was the right move, it still wasn’t an easy decision and I’m still not happy about it. I have Goofy in January, but I don’t really see that as a race, just something fun to do. I’m not making any hard plans for the spring yet, but I’m hoping to do a late March, early April race. I know I swore I’d never race a spring marathon again, but I’m kind of dying here. I don’t think I could wait all the way until next fall to race another 26.2

Anyway, besides work, we’ve been trying to pack as much as possible and get ready for our move in two weeks. We’ve also been unfortunately dealing with a flea infestation. We have no idea where they came from. Our cats are 100% indoor so we know they didn’t bring them in. I’ve got a couple theories, but we’ll never know. All I know is this fucking sucks. If you’ve had fleas in your house before, you know how skeevy you feel all the time about it. Even when I’m not home, I’m constantly paranoid they’re crawling all over me. We treated the cats last week so now they’re at least walking flea death machines. We’ve also been vacuuming at least once a day and spraying flea stuff as much as we can without poisoning our cats…and ourselves. The good news is that we’ve at least regained control of the house, but this feels like it’s still far from over. I’m just hoping we can keep from bringing any with us to our new place. I have this fear that we’ll start opening boxes to find they were infested and then we’re back at square one.

Alright, off to work!

Hattie didn't like me leaving her.

Hattie didn't like me leaving her.